Like Facebook and Twitter, LinkedIn is a major player in the social media world. When you should create an account, who should you link to and what kind of content should you publish are all explained in Lana Khavinson article “Think You Know LinkedIn? 7 Common Myths Debunked”.
In her article, Lana explains:
- LinkedIn is only helpful if you are looking for a job.
- If I update my profile, everyone in my network will be notified.
- I can only connect with someone I know well.
- There are secret features that get unlocked when you hit 500 connections.
- Accepting invitations from people I don’t know well will open me up to spam.
- I can only message people I am connected to.
- I should only post content about my company and industry.