Responsive web design empowers your website to deliver a consistent customer experience across desktop, mobile and tablet devices.
Your next customers could be sitting at home, viewing your website from their computer or on the move using their mobile phone or tablet, you don’t now, but a responsive web design does.
A responsive web design is a single website that can identify the device of each visitor to your website, whether desktop, tablet, or a mobile device. A responsive web design will automatically re-size its content and imagery to suit the different screen sizes in order to ensure the website is easy to use and navigate on any device.
Mobile web usage is growing at an rapid rate. According to the Irish Independent,
- 32% (1.2m) of Irish go online using a mobile (EU 21%)
- 12% (0.4m) of Irish go online using a tablet (EU 8%)
This is an increase of 11% on the previous year.
- 53% of all Irish Internet users state the Internet helps them choose better products / services (EU 51%)
- 97% of all Irish Internet users shop online (EU 87%)
- 88% of all Irish Internet users research online and purchase offline (EU 79%)
- €685 is the average amount spent per person in Ireland across a 6 month period (EU €544)